I love to smile, and I am sure that you, like me, would love to have some strong healthy teeth to go with it.
The mouth is a reflection of our general health, and most often, does not get the attention is should, when it comes to health and wellbeing. Mercury fillings, root canals and acidic foods, are not healthy choices for our mouth.
When we get acidic in our body, from the wrong foods, stress and chemicals, the gums gets acidic also. This will reflect itself in inflamed gums, loosening of teeth, and residing gums. Loss of enamel is also a reflection of your inner health, of being acidic, loosing your alkaline minerals like magnesium and calcium.
I was diagnosed with chronic periodontitis, a “disease of the gums, chronic deep inflammation. After getting this news, I upped my oral hygiene, and came up with a killer protocol for healing my mouth. The next appointment and check up showed nothing but healthy gums! No plaque, no cavities, no inflammation, only a clean super healthy mouth!
People often ask me, what my oral hygiene protocol, what do I do daily? Well, after being asked from my dentist what I do to keep my mouth so clean and healthy, I wanted to share it with you. Now I KNOW this is good, and I know it works!
You know me, only 100% natures wonders will do, so here we go:
- I oil pull as often as I feel like, but when I had an acidic mouth, I was diligent, doing it every single day. Being persistent is very important. I use 1 tablespoon of organic cold pressed coconut oil, and half a teaspoon of organic turmeric powder. The coconut will clean and keep the bacteria out, and the turmeric will heal any inflammation and as a bonus keep your teeth really white. This is a great thing to do in the shower every morning. Try to oil pull for 15 minutes.
- I brush my teeth 3 times a day. morning, mid day and at night. I love the really clean feeling. This also depends on your diet, as I have noticed that any fats will stick to the teeth. Fruits keeps them the cleanest by far. I use an electrical brush, and make my own toothpaste. I will post the recipe below for you.
- Flossing! So important. For me, once a day is enough. I make sure nothing is left in my mouth before going to bed at night.
- I always keep toothpicks in my handbag, they can come in really handy.
- Diet is very important, as I talked about above, an acidic mouth is an impaired mouth. Eating a raw high fruit diet, will help you stay alkaline, and also provide you with the minerals you need to keep healthy teeth. I have found that we need much less minerals than we are led to believe, and being clean and absorbing the nutrients are where the focus should be. I swear my by home made kelp powder for my minerals and strong teeth.
Organic cold pressed coconut oil
Peppermint essential oil
Clove essential oil
Frankincense essential oil
Depending on how much you want to make, the size of your jar, mix bentonite clay with coconut oil to get the desired consistency. Mix in 2-5 drops of the essential oils to the mix. If you have other oils that are your favorite, mix them up. Myrrh is another one I have used. Myrrh and clove are for bacteria/ antiseptic purposes. The peppermint for taste and cleansing. I use Frankincense for everything. It is a great healer.
I keep it simple, and I do not recommend using baking soda. I have found it very corrosive, and that I do NOT want!
I can see a place for the baking soda, if you are very acidic, to use as a mouth rinse once a day. I would only use it in acute situations.
Home made beautiful creations and like this, makes me happy. It is so freeing to know what I am putting in my mouth, and to see that it works in healing and generating. Take back your power and take responsibility for ALL of your life and health.
Forget about toxic mouthwashes and even more toxic toothpastes. Everything you put in your mouth, you eat. Everything you put on your SKIN, you eat.
You can get the essential oils that I recommend here:
Young Living (Use my number 1450531)
Preferred as they have most variety of oils: BY CLICKING HERE
Order DoTERRA : HERE
You can download my free e book on oils here: HERE
It is very important that you use a clean therapeutic grade oils.
Power up on a happy clean, healthy mouth and teeth!